CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 27, 2008

I still think of you.

I never did look down there
But something tapped my curiousity today... made me kind of wonder if it was real
Or if it was laced, garmented to brace our naivety.
Or maybe it was real... dark, wormy earth... and cold... then dark... heated with the summer frozen in winter, and thawed with the sun... all over again.
But this mind i've got. Its human.
So i wonder if you're lonely. If you'd like to come out and maybe, gossip a bit.
Yo you wouldnt believe who had a baby!
Can you believe that heiffer stuck with him?

We could've chatted,
we could've talked...
and maybe partied a few more nights.
See you with that funny tooth and those toes'a yours.
I wonder about your skin, and can never see you in your frailty.


Cuz i've got this mind... so human.
It wont let me see
the cancer-eaten being you were... scalp-full'a million barren follicles...tens of pounds of life less, so deathly underweight,i dare not see it.

This human mind of mind, would never see what you became... would never see you as bones... never admit that you're gone...

Because it isnt true.
In my mind, i still think of you.

3 comments:

NikkiSab said...

Sorry on ur friends passing. Most times d pain is so unbeliveable dat u cant snap out of it. My best friend died last october and I cant get her out of my head, heart or thot. I av to try be a good mother to her son and dats wat i av to focus on, but btwn u n I, I still cry like i just heard d news.

NikkiSab said...

I mean godmother to her son.

Kunta said...

I'm sorry about you friend...Just try as hard it is to look at the brighter side of life.