CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

In desperate times.

Running to us
I slipped and fell
Got bits of sand
Embedded in my knee
And you saw me down
Glanced within yourself
And saw what I was.

I caught that glance.
It woke me up
Reminded me

Us.

At that very moment.

I dont know which is which.
You or me.
One of us, isnt deserving.

I realize through it all
never did let myself forget
If it wasnt for the wind
I would not have ran to you
And if not for the heat
You would not be running
guts-a-bouncing
age-a-chasing
and I,
gold-a-digging
stretching out to you

Cant help but to laugh at it all

We would have made a cute ridiculously transparent ...
"couple".

So, I'll nurse my wounded knee.
And attempt to pick the sands out it
It really is no price to pay.
For what we could have been.
*peace*

2 comments:

Afrobabe said...

gold a digging indeed...

sounds like so many relatonships...

nice work...

Lyrically speaking said...

I really like this one...wow