CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 10, 2008

To Catch a Lying Diek (2)

"Come here baby..." oh, so sensually
and like a little mouse after some cheese, he came.
"Lay with me here..." we laid on the bed. I pulled him closer so that his face was only a feel's length away... i whispered...
"Baby, do you believe in God?"
"Yes."
"How much?"He looked confused, and horny.
"Alot. I cant put a numerical value on it."In the background played the melody his roommate was making with his knife and cutting board.
"shhh... do you hear that?"
"what?"
"That sound... outside... in the kitchen..."
"YEah?"
"How much do you believe that that sound exists?"

"100%"
"Okay, so... baby?"
"Yeah?"
"How much do you believe in God?"
"100%"I smiled. Impressive. Good answer.
"So, do you believe in Karma?"
"Well, sort of" his face made a U-turn at horny, turned right and partked on confusion street.
"You know, theres been times when i have experienced some dreadful episodes in the past but couldnt cry about them...because i knew that i deserved them. And then theres been other times that i had known that though i was dealt some sore cards, the circle had only begun because Karma was going to get whoever did me wrong... those times, i knew i didnt deserve to go through that... "He looked like a reindeer in easter...lost.
"Okay, so riddle me this... why didnt you tell me you had a son?"You could have fit a whole house in his nostrils, they flared so high.
"...oh and... how is Mrs. Sara Diek?"


He sprang up like the bed had fired him up. Paced around in the room for a minute before finding his voice:
"How did you know?"
"Why didn't you tell me about them?"
i didn't wait fr a response because really, it didn't matter "I TOLD you i didn't care if you had kids! couldn't you have at least been honest with me about that?"
Here comes his mini-discovery moment! Finally his brain was coming to... "OH! did you look through my flash drive?"
I hadn't. Lord knows what else i would have found there.
"Your Flash drive? no actually i didn't. SHOULD i have looked in there?"
"You must have looked through my computer"
"Well, you keep wondering how i found out, and I'll keep knowing how i found out."

I turned away, did some of my paper work as he dealt with his confusion. It got really quiet. He was thinking. And like he had finally found sobriety, he said:
"Come here..." in the softest way i had ever heard him speak. But softness was not what i was looking for right then. Fuck the mother of softness. I dashed him a "nigga, you cant be serious" look, burning shame down his spine. He backed away, thinking. Okay, now it was time for me to phuk him up. Its simple: I have enough shit on him to live off for a year. Anyhow he says he doesn't want to fly me back home, I'll simply book myself an executive flight with his VISA number and call his parents back home to let them know just how much funds he shells out for females to come see his married ass in his make-shift home. Really, it was that simple.
I was about to say something. I was about to hit him real hard. I was SO sure the fool would try to phuk me up. But i didn't expect this:
"Truth? I am so sorry." softly "So so sorry that i hurt you"
HURT. That word didn't meet its match in me. "Hurt"? No. I couldn't find it in myself. I didn't know why, but there was this nagging feeling of relief, and not one drop of pain or hurt. I wanted to be angry. But i wasn't. I wanted to be hurt, but i wasn't. I wanted to be disappointed, but i wasn't. Bloggers, i was in another girl's body. Anger betrayed me at the one time that i needed it the most; took a drastic break from me right then. I was not hurt. Neither could i be angry. I told myself it might be because my anger was on vacation till he starts to try to act up by telling me that he wont book my flight. I settled for that. Okay, maybe i wont be angry till then.
I smiled "Diek, you didn't hurt me. And for some reason, I'm not angry. So you don't have to be sorry for hurting me. I am not hurt."
He pulled closer "See, this is what draws me to you." He looked so wrong. Like he had been caught doing a goat, like he had been found guilty, he looked so wrong. i looked up at him. For one second i was sure he was on crack, but even that certainty didn't prepare me for this as i asked him:

DENIAL
"Why didn't you tell me you had a son?"
"I didn't have a son when you asked me"

okay, now i was a tab bit angry. This motherEffer didnt jut try to justify that shit
"Wait, so your conscience allows you to tell a person that you didn't have a child even though your child's birth was only a month away? Even though his heart had been beating for SEVEN whole months?! YOUR CONSCIENCE is THAT SKEWED THAT YOU CAN TELL A PERSON THAT WITHOUT BEING burchered to death with GUILT?!"
No answer. Of course. Why would he answer?
"Truth, you will always have a special place in my heart. I have so much love for you. I don't want it to end this way."
"A place in your heart? Right next to your wife and kids?"


BARGANING
Okay, then out of a funky blue:
"Would you marry me?"
I thought i had heard wrong. I looked on his face and got a confirmation. My ears weren't playing tricks on me. This idiot had seriously asked me that. And bloggers, i tell you this is the one moment i wish i could change that night. The moment that i answered the DUMBEST, most IRRATIONAL, question ever:
"NO! marry you ke? Are you out of your mind?"

Dumbest thing i ever said. I mean, if someone would have askd me "Truth, what is the sum of 1 and 1?" i would say "you're insulting my in telligence" if smeone was to ask me "Is the sky blue?"
I would say "Are you breathing"
Likewise, i don't understand why i actually answered his question. I felt so stupid. such silly questions don't deserve answers AT ALL!
He looked disappointed (can you imagine? what was he expecting?) as he looked away.

ANGER
There was a long moment of silence. Then came his unjust anger.
"But you shouldnt have looked through my computer now.." My eyes bulged out so quick "... that is invasion of privacy"
I wanted to slap him.
"INVASION OF PRIVACY??? INVASION? YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT INVASION? OHHHH.... YOU SEE WHY SOME FEmAlES ARE BITCHES? BECAUSE SOME MEN DON'T R\DESERVE ANYTHING BUT TO GET BITCHED AT~ YOU FOOL! JUST BECAUSE I AM STILL HERE TALKING TO YOUR SORRY ASS YOU THINK YOU CAN FLIP THIS THING ON ME? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND? OHHHHHHHH... SO BECAUSE YOU DONT SEE ME GETTING ALL IRATE AND FUCKIN EVERY SINGLE SHIT YOU GOT UP, YOU THINK YOU CAN... YOU KNOW WHAT?" I was so sure this shit was bout to turn inside out "anyway, you better just get me a flight home."
I didn't expect this:
"Okay"
Oh... i was expecting the goat to tell me he wont and try to kick me out of his house or something. Hmm... well,... i didn't expect it to run so smooth. He booked me the morning flight.
"I am so sorry. I hope this wont ruin things between us".
"Things? What things?"

He didn't answer.
I wanted to pee so bad, but i couldn't get up. I didn't trust him one bit. I fell asleep thinking.
I woke up in the morning to see he was already up and about to go shower. it was 5:40am. My flight was to be in an hour. He got out of the shower in about 20minutes. I heard his roommate get in right after him. I looked at the time.
At 6:20 the washroom finally became free. Well, the heifer knew i would need to shower before hugging the washroom for 20 minutes. And heaven knows heres NO WAY i was about to leave that city without freshening up. I packed my wallet with me as i headed for the shower. If he would have left the house without me, at least i would have his banking information in my wallet to use to book another flight and of course, to call a cab too.
I finished at 6:45. Yes, same time my flight was leaving.
We got in the car.

DEPRESSION
"I think you're going to miss your flight"
"I better not miss it"
"Look at the time, i think you already missed it"
"Well, i dont know what you expect me to say. All i know is i'm going home today"

He drove quietly.

When we got there, we were told that we had missed the flight. The ticket was $230. And also non refundable. The clerk at the airport said
"You can book a seat on the next flight. It would cost you an additional $200."
I replied "OKAY"
Turned to Diek.
He didn't dare look at me. He paid.

I got my ticket, turned around, a "bye" and left.

I got back to the city, relieved and a little surprised. I didn't expect things to go the way they did.
Later that evening i got a call. Mr. Diek was calling. I was at China's house so i asked her if she knew how to sing, she was surprised. I told her who it was that was calling and she agreed to sing to him on the phone. At this point, i didn't want any thing to do with him. I gave the phone to her.
"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to youuuu happy birthday to you" and she hung up.
We had a good laugh after that one. He called back again.
SHe picked it up
"We wish you a merry christmas, we wish you a merry christmass..." and she hung up.

He didn't call back for a few days after then. Then he started calling private. Now, he didn't speak. He would just hang up whenever I'd pick it up.
Even till this morning. He is yet to reach acceptance.

I have been calling his wife's number. Their home number. I have called private and even with other numbers. Not once have i had anyone answer my call. I wonder if the wife is away. I'm THIS close to calling his mother back home but whats the point in that?
Till this day, I'm not angry. I hate this sort of serenity because, i do want to be angry. But i am not.

Yesterday, he called me with his number visible (as opposed to the other times when he calls private)and asked me the silliest question ever (oh wait... scratch that). He asked "DO you remember how much the flight cost?"
I thought he was high
"Why would I remember? Arent you the one who paid for it? Why not check your records? why are you asking me?"
WIth that said, he hung up.
I thought about calling him back to curse his forefathers. But then again, thats what he would want; my attention. I know it kills him to know that i dont give a shit. And i know that hes stuck at Anger. Someday, he'll cross over that hill and make it to Acceptance.
Asshole.



My people, feel free to share your take on this... What would you have done? Or better yet, what do you wish you would have done or think that you should do?

12 comments:

desperate lady said...

damn ma stalkin paid off. i'm so 1st.

desperate lady said...

hmm i'd rather not say wut i wud have done.
btw do u still have his bank info? u might wanna go on vacation to jamaica to clear ur head.
n y exactly r u callin his wife?

Standing Truth Betold said...

lol@ you and your addiction to being first lol
I'm really curious to know what others would have done. But then again maybe it doesnt matter because what i would've thought i would've done, isnt what i eventually did. SOmetimes you say one thing but do another because you really have to be there to know. Yes, i still have his bank information and i've thought about charging a few expenses on it. My friends are begging me for the info but nahh... that ain me. I'm not really into that. If i really wanted to hurt his finances, i would give the info to 419-ers. But me? no. Why am i calling his wife? Good question. I'll share that someday. Might be my next post.

Bubblegum Thug said...

lol. Truth u dida good job of staying composed.
Just leave his wife out of it.
U should but something expensive on his account. lol.

Chika said...

I think you handled things pretty well.I also agree with you not hurting his finances cos at least he sorted out the ticket even though he wasnt quite happy.About his wife.....I'm curious on that one too.

flawsandall said...

ewoooo...
thank God he bought the ticket...he should carry his wahala and Go...if you were wicked you would have swept his bank account clean.

Anonymous said...

i think that was a really close call.. i woulda waited to get back home before letting him know what i'd found out, if at all. but it turned out ok so its all good.

bumight said...

I couldn't have played it out better than u did. kudos babe!
free his wife jare, she already has enuff misfortune being married to diek.

NikkiSab said...

U handled it perfectly!!!!!!!! Wen i grow up i want to have your patience n calculation. Men!!! Some of dem r just champions for being classic assholes. Throw away d finance info n keep d wife's no. 1 day i tink she'll appreciate ur call.

Onome said...

@nikkisab:lmao...
@masafe:well u handled it just right.....he's a true jacka$$

flawsandall said...

it is so unlike you not to update uptill now..its about time faithful blogger.

Standing Truth Betold said...

Pink gloves: I hear you. Thanks.

Chika: hey, i wrote about that in the new post.

Zephi: i know! but life goes on... and i probably should have... still thinking of gising the info out for free...

Geisha: I'm never afraid. I dont know why. I have found myself to be so strong when i am wronged. I am yet to get into a situation where i cant defend myself. If that man had laid a hand on me, i would have embarrassed him with the worst beatings of his life. But then again, sometimes i can be a little delusional. i also think i can beat KingKong up lol

Bumight: thats the best one i've heard lol. I often wonder what type of woman she would be... i mean, most women know these men to be cheaters before they marry them...

Nikkisab: No but i never thought i'd be the one to act like i did. I would've predicted that i would get physical with him, box him a few times and of course, purchase things online with his card (but sending it to his address and of course, to his wife too.. so she would know) but, i acted TOtally out of caracter. A wave of serenity clouded my judgement :(
damn it! lol @ "champions for being classic assholes" lol
yes, she may someday appreciate my call... we'll see

Onome: thanks oh

Zephi (again): i know, i just didnt really have much to write lol but i'm back now ;)