CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 15, 2007

Dawn in Ekiti

Dawn in that little town where i'd shine
every single christmas i shone
for poverty isnt it till you've seen the richest panhandling
and they who feed of'a these
us we
lol
us we
DAWWWN!
Dawn in that little town where i'd shine
every trip almost ecstatic
every trip
those hills those trees
the deserted distances in between
the deserted distances with leaves
Can i really explain this to do it enough justice?
Dawn in Ekiti
i knew ecstacy at 9
I knew Dawn!
in Ekiti...

City streets infested with happy kids
who'd dare tief your pitni?
no Knock Knocks, no phone calls
come in and out as you please
so you dare not hide a thing.

Dawn in EKiti where i knew Ecstacy.

I'd mix with the yeses and the nonos...
mix with whoever accepted me
buying homemade candies all day long
the streets fed me till Dawn came
then i'd feed off of the streetside hawks
I'd get drunk off the walks and smile at the elderly
thesame ones would line the streets at thesame times
all to feel the Dawn on their skins
and we'd love both poor and rich
soaking in the precious Dawn before it ceases,
loving the rhythms of our lives
as i return the next year
never saying goodbye
to those elderly smiles that never died
and the tribal marks that named each face
nor that massive slopy hill
nor that path engraved in my memory
filled with little bushes that led to the mysterious lady
why i chose to remember you i do not know
but i see your shadow
everytime i remember my walkgasms
with Dawn in Ekiti.
How could i not love the night?
It is the only trace i've got
the one similar thing
to what i had
what we had.
i and dawn. in ekiti.

7 comments:

flawsandall said...

awww nice...you from ekiti

my best part

"i knew ecstacy at 9
I knew Dawn!
in Ekiti...
"

Standing Truth Betold said...

yeah, i am... i love that place! i cant wait to go back!
thanks Zephi

Unknown said...

Saw your comment on my blog
the song can actually be heard
at myspace.com/olamild


will be back to read your blog

Unknown said...

Lovely poem

You are very close to my side
I know the feeling during those holidays
too bad, i don't spend it at the village
I've spent my xmas somewhere close to that though

Standing Truth Betold said...

Ola, ohhh if you ever go back, go to the village at holiday times. but be careful, its addictive.oh, and thanks. i'll check the song

Chika said...

Ekiti!!!Hey,thats my town you know..well,thats where i served(N.Y.S.C), made some great friends and i have some wonderfull memories too.

Standing Truth Betold said...

chika, hmm! Ekiti isnt a town, its a state (i'll forgive you this time since you have fantastic boobs. next time, your boobzillaness wont spare you!)
where in Ekiti did you serve?