CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 22, 2007

Hate, Regrets, Anger, all of a fucken sudden!

I spoke with Ambition a few minutes ago.
shes been calling me, trying to get a hold of me.
Maybe if i'd be checking my voicemails i would've heard the news.
But i never do, so i didnt.

Its true i cant stand Dada.
He was my best friend for my first 10 years.
And then life happened and the wools were pulled so that i could see the light.
I no longer was a fool.
I saw Dada, for Dada.
and what i learnt of Dada and what i have continued to learn since then, had made me decide that he deserved no respectful spot in my life.

But how little this seems to matter,
once you realise you could lose someone, for life.

Dada, has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. no word of what stage it is, yet.

the thought of losing the one person who is responsible for my cardinal characters, my cardinal beauties... makes me sad.
at 62, i cant imagine what life would be like, if i didnt share it with him.

and even at this moment, it is so hard to pick up the phone to call.
to love him wholeheartedly, would be to forgive him.
and forgiveness, that i wasnt prepared to do.
and now i feel like i have to.
all of a sudden
the most health-centric Afro man i know
all of sudden
the only man that seems to fuck me up so damn well
all of a sudden
the one voice that use to move mountains and clouds all at a whisper
all of a sudden
all of a fucken sudden
all of a mother fucken sudden!

9 comments:

ibiluv said...

Pls find it in ur heart to forgive Dada........no use staying angry wit a person who is battling a terminal disease.....most sins are forgivable.......it will just take tyme....thanks for dropping by my blog

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

e ni suru, oh! Please find it in your heart to forgive. It is the right thing to do, especially now...

Take it easy and thanks for stopping by!

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

Truth, forgiveness or not, you do need to be there for him.

You'll only regret it if you don't. And life ain't worth living with too many regrets.

Put aside the anger, hate and regret, (if its even just for ten minutes).. try to forgive, but never forget.

lulu said...

thanks for passing by... looking at your blog...thanks for your brute honesty

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

try and 4give. dada is dada we like or we dont like. take care of u u sound depressed.

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

try and 4give. dada is dada we like or we dont like. take care of u u sound depressed.

flawsandall said...

ey..pls forgive hi...dont look at it like you are doing it for him, you are doing it for you, to set yourself free

Afrobabe said...

so so sad..but let go of the anger and pain...might be your last chance to make things right...so you can always look back with no regrets.

Standing Truth Betold said...

IBILUV, thank you so much and you're welcome. I dont feel like i have a choice. I just hope that when i do contact him, he knows its only because hes ill. I wouldnt contact him otherwise.

SOLOMONSYDELLE, thanks, i will. and i do agree. you're welcome

SOUL SEARED DREAMER, i believe you. i do agree.regardless if i do forgive or choose not to, i do need to be there for him. When God chooses to take him, i dont thin i'd forgive myself if i dont let him know that i am here. you're right, i'll never forget.

LULU thank you for appreciating me.

ANONYMOUS, no actually no i'm not depressed, I'm angry because hes so health consious. I feel like he doesnt deserve to have this illness but then again, who does?

ZEPHI you are so right. When you're holding on to something, you're the one thats holding on to it. Once i forgive, i'll let go of the baggage. wish it was easy

AFROBABE you're right, i dont want to regret. thanks