CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Reflex Action 2

I had been so busy that I hadn’t followed up with Tope (Ambition's ex) as planned

But yesterday, I was so bored, dead tired of doing absolutely nothing, that…

Well, I called Tope- Ambition’s ex boyfriend who owed her a lot of money.

But instead I didn’t call Tope’s cell.

I called Tope’s house, knowing that his mother would answer my call.

A sleepy groggy curious feminine voice answered

“hello?”

“hi, is this Mrs. *******?”

“yes, please who is this?”

“its Truth BeTold. Ambition’s sister”

“Truth?” she repeated, confused.

“yes, Truth! I just wanted to speak with you about your son, Tope. Tope owes Ambition a lot of money, and he hasn’t paid it back” I raised my voice higher, this matter demanded that my voice’s decibel be increased “I think you need to have a word with your son, because owing someone money is one thing, but calling the person and leaving them a message, telling them never to call you to ask for your money is yet another, and I personally think that is extremely ridiculous. Mrs *****, I suggest you have a good word with your son because he definitely needs to pay my sister back her money!”

“okay, but I didn’t even know about this…”

“and I honestly think that is really silly! I blame Ambition for this. Because I cant imagine me not informing the parent of an apparently boastful boy, when he owes me money. Ambition is quite silly. If she was any smarter, she would’ve informed you much sooner. I think it is important that you’re informed about this situation.”

“But its 4 am in the morning here, and I understand that you are upset, but you have to understand that I didn’t know about this situation and for you to call me, waking me up so early in the morning…”

I interrupted “Exactly ma’am! And that was the intention. DO YOU THINK I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN A HOLD OF YOU IF I HAD CALLED IN THE DAY TIME? Mrs ****, Ambition might be my sister, but I aint as silly as she might seem to be. I am not going to call in the daytime because all I’m going to get is your kids, telling me that you aren’t home, or leaving stupid warning messages for my sister. THAT IS SOMETHING THAT I WONT BE STANDING FOR! This needs to come to an end and I think to end this, it MUST be blown out of proportion and Blowing it out of proportion is what I’m here for. Nice to meet you Mrs. *******, but my sister MUST GET PAID HER MONEY!”

“How much does he owe her?”

“at least $1500!” I cringed. The thought of it just pissed me off even more! “Isnt that nuts? How can your son owe someone such amount of money and then call the person, telling them never to call hima gain just because they cant their money back?!”

“what did he borrow it for?”

“He said he needed to pay off ANOTHER debtor and my sister being the kind but naïve girl she is, gave him the money!”

“When did he borrow the money?”

“I don’t know but I know he was suppose to pay It back about 8 months ago!”

“okay, but I’d .like to know- how did you even come into the picture? How did you come to know of this?”

I wanted to laugh! I was so angry! Was this woman indirecting asking me “how is this your biz-wax?"

I told her:

“How I know about this? I know because I HAVE READ THE EMAILS HE SENT TO HER AND I’VE ALSO HEARD THE MESSAGE HE LEFT HER! “

This is true. What Ambition didn’t know was before she told me, I’d known about his. I know a lot of things that shes done. I once hacked (don’t ask how) into her email box and got all the information. I’ve since kept Tope’s email addresses and phone number which I obtained from the email, for a day like this, when I decide to take matters into my own hands. Icontinued …

"I know! And I really wasn’t going to do anything about this but it looks like he wont be owning up to his responsibility without a jump start, so you have a word with your son and jump start him into giving my sister her money!”

“Okay, well I don’t even know anything about this and I think you should at least respect me. I am a woman of God and I don’t like dealing with issues this way”

“Its perfect that you are a man of God, so please tell your son that if he wants his prayers answered and he wants to get anywhere in life, he needs to pay my sister her money. Because I’m sure God doesn’t reward people taking advantage of kind-hearted blessed angelic souls. My sister is one of the extremely few people on this earth who should be awarded for their kindness, and I think your son is one of the reasons why we don’t have more people like her. I have told her NUMEROUS TIMES THAT BEING NICE DOESN’T GET YOU ANYWHERE! TO GET ACTIONS, YOU MUST BE ASSERTIVE AND CURT! IF SHE’D NEVER LENT HIM THE MONEY, THIS WOULDN’T HAVE HAPPENED IN THE FIRST PLACE. SHES TOO NICE AND THIS IS WHAT SHE GETS FOR IT! I’M NOT GOING TO BE NICE! NEITHER DO I THINK I SHOULD GIVE RESPECT WHEN MY SISTER IS BEING WRONGED! I’M LEARNING FROM HER MISTAKES! TALK TO YOUR SON! ”

“okay, good night”

“bye”.

That was our conversation. I’ll wait for the son of a woman to call my sister again.

I called Ambiton and told her- she was amused. She seemed hopeful that this will sure help her to get the money because he wont want his mom troubled. But I reminded her that just because you troubled someone, doesn’t mean they’ll pay you back the money. I told her- I wasn’t trying to help her get her money back, I was trying to help her show him that she isn’t passive. She too, can fight back. well, sorta ;)

8 comments:

Ms. Catwalq said...

I am sure that the money issue was pressing but calling to harrass the guy's mom?
tsk...tsk...tsk.
Mba...don't think that was cool

Ms. Catwalq said...

oh and thanks for stopping by my blog

Standing Truth Betold said...

I'd have care if he'd have given a d*** about my sister's welfare. Respect, courtesy and kindness is what got her where she is right now, and i'm not about to follow in her footsteps. By the way, my sister had spoken with the mother about the money. She'd told her that he owed her money. But of course, i just played along with her ignorance. Nonetheless, the point of my call certainly wasnt to be nice. It was to get them shaken. I hope i met my goal.

diary of a G said...

wow
what is this a school final essay or something
you should have done the post in parts 1 and 2
read ya later

Standing Truth Betold said...

lol G, u're a lazy reader ( like me). But i talk a lot so i tend to post epistles lol

racquelle-cutie said...

i don't blame you for calling his mum come on he could have prevented it by just giving you the money,i swear some people like force to be used to give them a wake up call

LonelierThanAkon said...

I think u met ur goal.

However, in your spare time you have to talk your sister out of lending money to bad borrowers.

Used to b my sister’s debt collector back in my uni days. Really used to piss me off that guys would want to exploit her naivety and excessive kindheartedness.

It took some effort to exorcise that ever-willing-to-give-with-glee attitude from her. But she lost a bit of her heart as well. Sad tradeoff but absolutely necessary in 2days world.

Standing Truth Betold said...

Raquelle: i agree. I'll admit though, that it might've been a little different IF the mom had not been told about it before.

Lonelier: (lol ur name is funny) um.. ya. i do have to talk to her some more about it. I swear i wish i could just yell, scream and hit her for being so silly but i dont want her to stop trusting me, so i'll continue to advise her in small doses. She is smart but yet so, so sooooo stupid. I mean,... who lends a person money to pay their debtor? does that make sense? i think its a self esteem issue for her. This girl is beautiful. But she doesnt know it. So it doesnt matter what i think. The way i see it, she thinks shes a bag of money and she thinks thats attractive I also think she thinks being a "good" person, is one of her attractive qualities, so she has to be nice.
anyway, i'll cut it short- i've told her. and will continue to. Thanks