CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 31, 2007

My shortest fling

i dont know what to name you
so you shall remain the nameless one.

met you in the elevator a while ago
you came in,
smiled.
i looked up,
smiled.
and like you didnt matter,
i returned to my text world.
when you spoke to me.
you spoke.
i mean... boy did you ever speak!

pulling me right out of that trance...
you spoke me out of it
gave me a short time away
from away...


tall, big grin animated your face.
you are beautiful.
so so beautiful.

strange.
i hardly noticed your lack of melanin.

yet i felt it.
you should be mine...
for a little while
as we elevated through those floors
for some silly reason
i had the pleasure of being with you.
you were mine.
and you cherished my love,
and gave us your all.
and cared for me.
supported me.
bubble baths, candles lit... dinner on me...

you wanted the best for me.

you are my shortest fling.

so it makes me so sad
to hear you say today
that you'd be moving away.
you've found another place.

"congratulations"
and you replied...
"yeah, we bought a house."
i wanted to ask...
who did you buy it with?

6 comments:

diary of a G said...

so he's married?
or am I lost

BTW
F
I
R
S
T

? said...

Thanks for stopping by and being hopeful.
Am actually on my way out now. And am doing the rounds stopping (from the last to the 1st commentator) by for the last time on all the blogs that I love. Ill miss your blog however ill try to keep following. Just keep dropping me a line as and when you update. This blog is another candle in my heart that is flickering with a brilliant glow. Please dont let anyone blow it out
good bye
x

Standing Truth Betold said...

G, i'd answer that if i knew.
but i dont. but i can bet a bill that he is.

TPI: will do. too bad you had to leave

IJEOMA said...

awwww this is cute

Ubong Da said...

so did u guys do the naughty?

Standing Truth Betold said...

@Ubong: how typical of you lol no, we didnt... i've only met him in the elevator a few times. but theres that chemistry each time. and thats really odd since hes like old enough to be my father, AND hes white. i dont usually feel attracted to white men