CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 28, 2007

Hold my hand.

whos got a plank?
how much do woods cost?
how far must i cross?

and amidst this,
misty wells erode these hills
as curtains plays the veils

like a stage play
masks fits snuggly
frightened faces
unsure of making history

relentless beauty
restless wheels
not staying here nor there
afraid of weakened soul

your beauty remians untarnished
but somehow, you must grow

"girl, you dont even know how to morn"

walk with me
talk with me
share with me
i need ur reassurance
as you need mine

lets make a bridge
with heavy strong woods
a bridge that can take the weight
the aches
the pain
the love the cheers
let me be it
so i can hold your hands
and you mine
as we cross these heavy times
and hope for brighter days

8 comments:

diary of a G said...

first
I'll b back to read

IJEOMA said...

'lets make a bridge
with heavy strong woods
a bridge that can take the weight"

i really like the above lines

Jaja said...

Very earthy lines you got there..
Like tiny bits of wood.

Standing Truth Betold said...

lol G: thats so silly. truth is, you wont be back to read it because "its too long"
IOH: (you didnt delete your comment this time!) about the post, i guess it speaks to you. ya we need reallly strong woods to ensure safe passage to the better days.Good luck with your passages... and also to me, for mine.
Jaja: welcome. "tiny bits of wood".. wow. i like that. everytime i read that it reminds me of the colour brown. it reminds me of home- of clay. lawd! i'm so weird

Dolly said...

Nice...... got me thinking

? said...

Another poet who does not know it. So sad I came by this blog on my way out of blogsville. Yes, Ill be leaving blogsville very shortly. Ill try stopping by on my way out should you have updated by then.
God bless and all the best.

diary of a G said...

noooo
I did read it
and I know better days are ahead

goes to show am a busy man
na mean?

SWaT

lol

Standing Truth Betold said...

Dolly... about what exactly? pls do share
TPI: why are you leaving?(if i may ask). thanks for the good wishes...but i didnt understand what you meant by "another poet who does not know it"... does that mean i'm a poet? i think thats what you meant but i'm not sure. i think everyones a poet in certain situations. put me in a happy mood and i'll lose my "mojo" lol i can only write about these kinds of situations
DOG: wow! u called me SWAT "were nie" lol
anyway ya, um...i really am flattered that you actuallyr ead that. i thought itd be too long for you