CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Kimani Episodes 2

So there i was in the hallway, looking at the man who'd further refine me.
i looked at him
he said
"hi, i'm Kimani"
"Truth here- nice to meet you Kimani. i guess u're Wapa's friend?"
"yea, i've known Wapa and his sister for a while..."
and the convo went on...

i should've ran
why?! oh why didnt i have a seizure at that moment!
why didnt i convulse? why didnt i act like a mad woman so he'd run away from me?!
but instead, i further fostered his interest :

we talked:...
"so what do you do?"
"i'm starting college next month. in a few weeks. i'm currently working, but i'd have to quit so i can get to school. i'm actually moving away for school"
"oh thats too bad. i'm going to school too. what're you going for?"

i told him. i asked him thesame and he said "International Marketing". Funny. He never did go for that.

After the party, he drove me, and Wapa's sister and a few other people home. Wapa's sister lived at the party spot- she only came for the ride. Along with Kimani, Wapa's sister and i, were Damilola, and his friend. Damilola had a thing for me. I kinda had (have?) a thing for him too. So on our way to drop them off, i felt so guilty. i remember my consience nagging at me.
But anyway, they finnally got out of the car. Then it was just Kimani and I.

Then he did it.
i have a bad sense of smell, but nothing hides the smell of cigarrettes smoke. i looked over, and saw what i couldnt believe! he was smoking! it finnally began t make sense- the dark lips.

"do you mind?"
"oh is the cigarrette smoke bothering you?"
"yes, a whole lot"
"sorry"
and he abruptly, got out of the car, to smoke.

and i became a believer. I became a believer, forgetting that charms do fade. Truth, charms do fade.
Truth, charms do fade. Truth, rememeber, charms do fade. I needed to BeTold, "Truth, charms do fail".

but i didnt realise that, then. so i stayed. He dropped me off at my house and that was it.
We talked all night. i found out more about Kimani-

Kimani, lived with his sister. They lived here in the country alone. Both parents were back home.
Him and his sister and his sister's boyfriend lived together in a basement apartment. Both him and his sister would be starting college in January- same time i'd start. It was great! i thought i'd found a new list of friends. I was glad. I was... dreaming.

Kimani brought me over to his place once. and i should have seen it, but i kept my eyes closed. I should've seen all the signs- all over the apartment were warnigns signs that said different variations of "caution; DANGER AHEAD!"
but a bat will be blind till it sees light. and boy was i ever blind!

I got into the dark apartment, was welcomed by the chills of the spot... and walked down the stairs after him. Looked to the left, and failed to see the dark remnants of a pigsty. I looked away, and turned to the right, to what would be his room. In there, was a bed, and not much else. CIggarete smoke lingered in the air, and a deepfreezer hummed closeby. I sat down, quietly. Quietly.
I knew this wasnt a place for me. But i was a believer. I had a thing for this man. And i thought it was about time i gave a man from my home, a try. I sat on the edge of the bed. He came close, and we talked. I think we kissed that night. He dropped me home shortly after.

The night i met Kimani's sister, Zebe, she was standing in the hallway. I saw her, and for some reason, a hallo hung over her head. LoL! That was ironic. I got to know her much better, later.

I met Zebe's boyfriend later, and soon got to realise what kind of people they were.
They smoked like they breathe. They drink like they ate. Smoking and drinking were like their O2 and CO2. They did it constantly- nonstop!

I mean, i'd had friends who smoke and drank, but this was nuts. Every conversation was about weed, ciggarrettes, and booze. Their all, revolved around those three devils. Their addictions were their lives. And denial was their key. You couldnt get these people to see it.
They fought everyday- and no i dont mean every other day. I mean- everyday!
Grown folks, fighting over cancer sticks ever day, day in , day out! fighting became the norm.


Kimani's story gets exhausting. Recounting it makes me want to cry. Makes me want to find him, and inject the regreats, memories, moments right back into him. So he can have it all- have it all... i dont want none of it.I'd like to say, "Kimani, take your shit back." Because even thinking about it, tires me. The rest'll have to wait for another day.

3 comments:

diary of a G said...

lol
I smoke weed but not around the girl am with unless she also smokes
too. I always let em know i do
you should try it
its a relaxer
I have friends like that too
not dirty but smoke n drink alot
not a'day either
but it doesn't make you a bad person

racquelle-cutie said...

urgh,i was beginning to like him.i hate guyz that smoke its my biggest turn off then hairy chest.Girl you must be brave for letting him kiss you with his smelly breath or even touch you in that his pigsty of a house,how do you know he takes a shower or brushes his teeth

Standing Truth Betold said...

lol yes raquelle, i did. and it was disgusting, and i wouldnt even do it again. At first, he'd brush, and everything before he'd meet with me. But soon the honeymoon period wore off and he dropped that habit of brushing before meeting with me. He also quit leaving the room to smoke and strated smokin gin my presence. Little by little, i began to see Kimani as Kimani and not the chocolate coloured brotha that i thought. anyway, more tori later


G: ya, i've tried it and it definitely isnt for me. And no, it doesnt make you a bad person. I hope i havent said Kimani is a bad person because thats not my intention. My intention is to relate to you my experiences with him, so hopefully, yall can learn from mine