CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

How to be sick

I just got home from an outing with the girls; Bra, China, and Caty. So! I had just gotten my car the day before (yeah, congratulations to me!) but hmm... well, Pipi had asked if i could drive both her and Bra over to the bar we were going to for the night. They knew that i had gotten the car, they knew that it was a shift (stick, manual, standard), they also knew that i had never owned a shift car... (okay my Blogville ppl, follow me on this!)

So what business was there of mine with a manual car???
WELL! I FELL IN LOVE! I FELL IN LOVE WITH A CAR THAT IS MANUAL AND DECIDED TO LEARN TO DRIVE MANUAL`!

Some of you may know that i have been going through some tough times lately, well those times got even tougher when i decided to buy a car that i love and not one that i could drive. Stupid? yes. Real? also, yes.

Deep inside this soul of mine is a really irrational too-damn-spontaneous-for-her-own-good chic that tends to do things just because she thinks she can. Well, its certainly made a Uturn to bite a chunck off my bottom!

So anyway, i got to their house and thankfully, Bra had driven over to Pipi's house making it much easier. Foxy was to meet us there. I got to Pipi's house, barely! While driving on the freeway, i was fine. But on the streets?! Oh my goodness! Stopping at the lights meant hell because once it turns green and i had to move, it would take me years and a lot of stuggle! anyway, i managed to keep the engine going till i got to Pipi's driveway.

So i went in, got ready. Got in the car... started driving...
China: are you okay?
Truth: yeah, just learnt how to drive yesterday... (i should have stopped here but...) yeah, i learnt it in one and a half hours.
Bra (eyes bulging): WHATTTT!!okay, i'll try not to freak
China: well, she drove here so she should be okay.

And i was, till i got to a hill! It was at a stop light so i had to stop. Now if any readers out there drives stick, you'll know that going up a hill is tricky and stopping at one is even tricky-er! Once you try to drive, the car slides backward toward the bottom of the hill! Oh lawd, so anyway, i put my hazard signals on hoping that the car behind me would move so i wouldnt reverse into it. For what seemed like eternity, the driver wouldnt budge. we were at a stop light on a busy street. Eventually, he moved, blaring his horn at me like it was his abosolute revenge! But even after he left, i couldnt get the car to stop rolling back. So i turned it off.

The girls were panicking.
Bra called her boyfie
Bra: babe! can you teach Truth how to drive a manual?
China was in the backseat, cracking up
Bra:no, i mean... now! We're on Bunir street, at a stop light, and she cant drive it.

Eventually, Bra's boyfie decided he'll come down to meet us. he would drive down with his car (automatic) that way,we could switch cars. I would drive his auto and he, my manual.It was the perfect plan for the stupidest situation. Until the cops arrived.

Once we saw them, i knew we had to make something up.
i turned to the girls "Okay, tell them i'm sick!"
Bra: yeah, tell them you feel like vomiting!
Cop 1 came up to the window: Is everything alright, ladies?
Truth: (pretending to be sick) i.. feel... like so nauseous
Cop 1: oh, you shouldnt be driving then... do you need an ambulance?
Ambu-whaaa! I dont want an ambulance! What if they find out theres nothing wrong with me! I just want to go out and party for my birthday cotdanggit!!! but i had to pretend, so...
Truth: yeah, i need gravol

And so an ambulance was called. In the meantime, i pretended i was going to throw up while Bra rubbed my back. It was the funniest thing ever. We were there for an hour. Caty showed up, i looked up at her and cursed her under my breath for not keeping a straight face. They couldnt tell, but i knew her heart was tearing up with laughter because she knew i was pretending. Bra called her boyfie and told him about the lie. the ambulance and paramedics showed up. If they assessed me, i would have to go to the hospital. HELL NAW! THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE MY BIRTHDAY OUTING!!! I DONT WANT TO SPEND IT IN SOME HOSPITAL!!!

They asked me if i wanted an assessment and i refused, I reassured them that i would go to the local pharmacy to pick up some gravol. Bra's boyfie got in my car while Bra took his. As we were driving, the cops followed us for a while but they eventually left. So, Bra's boyfie and i got to talking and supposedly, i had been using the wrong gears! On the freeway, i was using gear2! and on the regular streets, i was on gear 1! Okay, lesson learned!

The girls and i had a good laugh about the acting we did. LOL! Life is so funny.
We went out to a bar, had a blast. One of the best times i have ever had. HAD A BLAST! Mr. Diek called but i didnt get to speak with him, called him when i got home, but he was already asleep i think... oh wait... backup! I havent even bloged about Mr. Diek!

Okay, i'm too tired now but i'll blog about him tomorrow or something. I'm crashing at Pipi's house, too tired to drive home!

Had a blast last night! Thank God for everything!

5 comments:

Standing Truth Betold said...

no, the paramedics DID come!!! they asked me if they could take me to the hospital and i refused... myexcuse was that i knew gravol would fix the nausea so i didnt want to go to the hosoital when i could just et a pill to fix my nausea

lol! @ painful thing

Anonymous said...

i keep finding the funniest stories of blogspot today. this was equally hilarious

flawsandall said...

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

this chic you are a serious trip....you guys are fast sha...you formed that story quick quick

Chika said...

Oh babes,didnt know bout your birthday,glad you had fun tho and hope you know mine is on the 7th of feb so dont forget to holla at your babe!

Standing Truth Betold said...

Geisha, which one was the other funny one? i want to go read it

Zephi: i had no choice!!! what was i to do! its funny how quickly your brain thinks these things up once you're in a jam like i was

Chika: thanks babe, yeah it was my bday. will wish you a good one when yours comes up!