CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Mr. Brace

I remember meeting him at this one club. That night, the club was packed. And i must say, the music was SOOO live! We danced and i couldnt help but to fall in love with him. I love it when a man can dance!

So i gave him my number. He looked yonger, but i thought i'd worry about that later.


He said his name was Brace. He worked security at the local supermarket... to say didnt like him would be to lie. I liked his personality. He was mighty reserved. never the type to raise his voice. The type that just never seemed to fret about anything.

So, how old are you, Brace?
"I'm 23"

hmm... too young.
But i tried. I kept him around for a while. i would have kept him around for longer. I would have loved to take it further. but i couldnt get past my discrimination.
I could never date a younger man.
Soon the calls trailed... one day, two day, a year...

I went out to get some groceries, left Darque in the car so i knew i had to hurry. Walked into the store, looked up. There about 30 feet away from me, stood a security guard. I wondered why he was staring at me so hard. Hmm... i looked up and him and it was like neither one of us was going to look away. Eventually, i decided to say hi
"hi!"
"hi, whats up?"
i didnt respond. Mission accomplished. He had stopped gawking.

Came back to the cash register before i realised who it was.
"Did you use to live in Maguratan?"
i looked at him... holy smokes!
"Yeah! oh my! i didnt know it was you! what was your name again?"
"Brace"
"righhttt! woow, nice to see you again"
we talked for a while and i took his number.
Awesome guy. Gentle hearted thug.

I cant wait to talk to him... we can catch up. But i know nothing romantic will come out of it.

8 comments:

desperate lady said...

I'm 1st.......hehehehehe

desperate lady said...

lol girl don't say that, something might come out of it.....u just don't know yet.
Did u really forget his name? Or were u forming?

Standing Truth Betold said...

lol@ forming,... no i really did forget his name. it'd been a while so...
no i dont think anythng would come out of it because as much as i love his personality, i dont think we share common goals. I think we're very different as far as our dreams are concerned

ShadeCrown said...

Age is nuttin but a number.. lol dnt mind me oh, dats wot they say but i feel u.. cnt date a younger man.. but i guess it works for some people.

Anonymous said...

aww he seems sweet. friends is good

flawsandall said...

well then...you cant say for sure about romance...sometimes it takes you by suprise....we will be waiting for an update

Standing Truth Betold said...

Sha: yeah, i cant date a yonger man... i can barely stand the ones that are my age as it is.

Geisha: yeah... friends aint bad. maybe we'll do that.

Zephi: Roamnce? i dont see it but then again, its like you said; life tends to take us by suprises... you never know (though i'm SO SUre i know lol)

Onome said...

oooooopss