CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Testing, 123!

I need to go get tested for STDs.
And so does he.

I had been getting tested every 6months since i was 16. It was like a routine, pap test, blood test, HIV test, along with every 6th month that came by.

When i was 21, i got a call from the ministry of health. Supposedly i had been i n contact with someone who had been found to have Chlamydia.

I couldnt believe it.
And since i had only had sex with one person between the time i was 17 and then, i knew who it was. Kimani.

So i went for the test. I was dead cold and scared. I still remember walking in there after work and seeing all these people i couldnt find myself ever associating with. They looked more like whores. No seriously, that was my exact feeling.

Yet i was in that room, waiting with them. So really, am i any different?
Somehow, we all took our individual paths. Yet somehow we all ended up there. In that room, waiting to believe that we arent diseased. Hoping for some miracle.

I wasnt infected.
I was okay.
I found out two weeks later.

Thank God for condoms. The son of a forgotten fool had cheated on me but thank goodness for condoms and his devine grace.

So i am now about to start over with Frery so i need the both of us to get tested. Frery... i'll admit, i do like him a lot.
But its odd, because there are a few things about him i am having difficulty accepting. I am at a point where i am redefining or reaffirming my believes in terms of the sort of partner i want and what is important to me. And as i do that, i hope to learn a few lessons along the way.

Anyway, in the meantime, i'm going to get some food to eat lol.

9 comments:

Amelia said...

hi girl, thanks for your comments on my blog.i check on your blog every once in a while to see what you are upto.im good girl.email me and lets catch up

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

It is just incredibly important to know one's status and it is a brave thing as well.

James Tubman said...

eat lots of garlic

it cures everything

In my head and around me said...

James Tubman, I hope that was said tongue in cheek.

Yep, those tests are absolutely necessary

Chika said...

How far this babe?when,how,what....Frery!!!the test is most important o.speaking of which i need to get one done asap.

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

wow i admire ur courage. got tested once 4 hiv/hepatitis. tahtwas bout 2 years ago. since i dont engage in risky behaviour im loath to try it again. truth is the word window period scares me

Afrobabe said...

Dannnnggg with that kind of fear released you need pounded yam babes....

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

swung by for an update. Hope all is well

Standing Truth Betold said...

Honeywell... no, no blogs about him just yet. I'll make one now... and no, i still havent gotten tested. Will do this Monday.

Mona...Glad to hear from you. I did send you an email once.

Solomonsydelle...Absolutely! Thanks for checking back. Updating in a few minutes!

James Tubman... lol well what if i dont have anything!

IMHAAM: lol i hope so too lol


CHika... lol i hear you oh, those things are absolutely necessary

Anonymous gal: i know, isnt it scary?!

Afrobabe: LMAO whats this i'm hearing about pounded yam? now you got me hungry!