CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 26, 2008

On his way to you

It hurts, loving your man Miss Right
While he takes my hand
and i gladly give him it
Trying to believe i can own him.

And while we roll through the sheets
There i lie, comparing this to
what Elton felt when he belted
that blue-ish song with that hat on.

But true love cant be half-way done.
You cant have it "semi-rare"
Baby its hardly there
so it really never was.

So when you pick up your phone
crying to me of 5 years of love
That now seems unrequitted
I tell you of the pains i have felt
with a love that isnt done.

But this hope glitters in me
And i too would like to believe it
So i belt to you like that man did
Of true love that he must've felt
Wearing that funny hat,
hoping it exists.

And within you i see what i dont ever want to be
eyes-a-tearing, nose-a-streaming
Neither regretting nor letting go
Plus all the regrets that you cant let go
And i get scared of ever being there again.

So i'll give Miss Right a closer chance
Cut the drama a lil,
I'll hold my fingers still
If he doesnt call me, i wont call him
If he doesnt care, i wont neither
If he doesnt want, i wont
If he, I wont

Leaving it all up to him. While slowly, i give him all my power.

I will never understand this love-less life.

4 comments:

Chika said...

Oh Truth!You speak words that are are so deep so true!...Love your writing

flawsandall said...

beautiful write up...although i was quit confused in some parts

New Fool said...

Maybe that's the same thing this gal I talked to is thinkin. She won't call unless I do. But nah, I think she's playing some kind of messed up game I can't figure out. Calls me, and then doesn't take my call when I call back. It's OK though, I'll never call her again. Instead I'll talk to others who aren't that nutty. Lots of women to talk to. Now if only there were a reason to talk to them.

Standing Truth Betold said...

Chika, thank you ohhh! thats def a compliment coming from you
Zephi, it is a bit confusing because i kept changing the subjects that i was talking about.
New Fool, head games arent necessary in relationships i mean... there are already enough headaches in the world as it is! talk to her, lay it all on the table... make it simple and bear it all out (this is really hard to do). Let her know you're not interested in games and that you are interested in her (if you are) still, without the games.