CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Kimani episodes 1

I remember Kimani.
With all these issues going on in Blogville, how could I not?
Kimani....
I remember us meeting...

It was a friend's christmas party in 2002. I was working that day, and really didnt want to go.
But i decided to go; since i really had nowhere else to go to. Besides, i was getting a ride, my sister and her boyfriend(now her husband), were dropping me.
So after work, i got dressed at work and got dropped off at my friend's house.

i remember that very moment; the moment i hopped out of the car.
I remember that moment, because since then, my life has never been thesame.

I went up the elevator into their apartment. When i got there, i was welcomed well. I sat down, soon my friends saw me and came to sit by me. It was cool. And me being the "tunnel-vision-chick" that i am, i really hadnt looked around yet. My friends asked me if i wanted to eat and i said "no, thats okay". i just sat quietly and listened as everyone else mingled. From time to time, the host would come to me saying "oh Truth, why arent you talking? why arent you dancing? you're a party animal, whats going on"? and so on... i'd just smile. But then i realised, that although i felt eyes on me, i could tell a pair of those eyes, belonged to someone who was crushing?

Am i the only one who can feel when people staring at them, and also WHY they're staring? i sometimes can. its odd.

At times, i'd get stares (i never looked back at these peole. remember- i've got tunnel vision. Besides, i never thought i'd ever be with a Nigerian man. Why? because i found them stereotypical.), and it'd be for different reasons "oh, i wonder who that is", "why isnt she mingling?", "who is she?" "what a snobby bi@*ch." "why would she wear that?, its too revealing". yes, i felt all their thoughts on me. But the one that stood out- was the one that kept gazing, gawking at me, at intervals! he was stealing a sight of me like a little thief- that stare said "i want to meet her- shes cute." That was Kimani's.

I looked over, and our eyes met. He looked away instantly. I like that- i love intimidating men. You can be bold after we meet, but let me own this moment- and own it i did.

As he looked away, i surveyed his looks. At the time (and even now,) i loved eclectic hair styles in men. I looked over at his hair- it was short, twisted. i liked that. And knew immediately, that i'd meet him later. Then all of a sudden, i saw him asking the host questions. I couldnt hear it, but i knew the conversation was about me. A little while later, the host's brother (who by the way, had tried earlier that year to get with me- we talked on the phone and i realised that he was just not my type, and stopped calling him) walked towards me, telling me he wanted me to meet someone. I said "sure", and walked outside into the hallway, with him. and there he was-


Kimani; 5'7, dark chocolate skin that just made me want to have a Hershey, high extrememly defined cheekbones that sucks in at an angle, to meet his lips, and the thickest, cleanest eyebrows i'd ever see on a man- this man was beauty.

But he'd ruined it. I forgot to note the signs that he had ruined himself- like his extremely dark lips, his highly pigmented cornea, his mildly rough skin, his attire- that spoke millions of variations of words meaning- "ghetto". I didnt see all of that. If i had, i would've foreseent he doom to come.

11 comments:

UnNaked Soul said...

there's alot you can tell from just looking... he's 5'7"? how tall are you? :-)

Standing Truth Betold said...

unnaked, i agree. i was looking at him, but refused to see him
i was 5'3 at the time.
i'm 5'4 now

diary of a G said...

WHATS YOUR POINT?

Standing Truth Betold said...

reread it, maybe it'll be clearer. if it helps, the story isnt concluded

diary of a G said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmm
baaaaaaaacccccccccccccccccccckkkkkk

Standing Truth Betold said...

goooooooooooooooooood for u, G. want a cookie? lol jk

diary of a G said...

what ya confuse about?
I want to know who the big kahuna
is?
who blacklisted me?
and why? whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
lol lingmao

Chika said...

Hmmmmmmmm......

Ms. Catwalq said...

@surviving:
great blog.

racquelle-cutie said...

feel us in the 5 foot 7 chocolate skinned Kimani

Standing Truth Betold said...

chikita, wetin dey? have u updated yet? i'll check after this post

Catwalq: u got u a new fan. thanks

Raquelle: her babes, i'm doing just that