CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Retraining 101

Better now than later. No worse place than between the sheets with ample absorbent ietms waiting in line to help dry me up.
And this is sad. I know.
Must confess i have had slight urges to do it.
Circles are much easier than angles. But circles are just that; circles. And circles lead no where else but around the bend. And then it bends. and then some more.
And this is hard. i know.
For so long i wanted. And wanted i did. but wants are wants and what are wants if what you want isnt worth none?
an endless hope. what for?
too ashamed to admit it.
Yet i chose to want because i simply am lazy.
procrastination rules this.
i can do it later, too damn busy.
ignoring the greener pastures. chose to despice the unknown.
found the worsts in the better "could be"s and "can be"s; decided to have none of it.
laziness kills.
its killed me.
forgeting that today is all i have and later just might not be mine.
stealing little wishes out those wells but i ask... really; what for?

funny how we sell ourselves short.
only to hope again, to be bought.

so ashamed of my choices and upset at my being.
why did i give up the key?
when all the while, i had it.

IdiAmin.

i bowed so you could feed.
but i bowed. no one made me.
unforced. gently. hopefully. with glee.
unbeknownst to you. Gave you my throne.
so angry at me for doing this to me.
but no time to ...
c'mon!

retraining 101.
must learn to keep my head up.



May 1/07

11 comments:

chidi said...

nice post but i dnt get the Idi Amin thing

chidi said...

and yeah i do know who he is just dnt get wat you were saying about him in the post

Standing Truth Betold said...

lol sorry to throw you off. ya, it must be really confusing. i wrote it on May 1st- and i was near cookooville dat day if i may admit it myself lol
About IdiAmin; i've always felt that no one ever takes charge. charge is something that is given. The story of Uganda and IdiAmin have always fascinated me because i never believed that he would have been able to oppress his people so much if they had not trusted him to take care of his people, enough to actually vote for him...
I trusted this person to take care of me in instances where he has neglected me.
The person isnt thesame anymore.
This person, has become my IdiAmin.
In general, the post is about me reflecting on myself as the lazy diva that i am. I have been so lazy that i have procrastinated with moving on.I keep going around in circles. I guess now its so hard, and i just wanted to reflect on that.
let me know whatever else you dont understand.

Chika said...

there is always a point where you get tired of giving in.remember that even idiamin's era came to an end.

Anonymous said...

ok. who is he, why was he so bad and y didnt you leave him when you felt u had to?
im shooting in the dark here, that IS what you're talking bout right?

Dolly said...

I don't get it

diary of a G said...

hey hey hey
hey me galfiend
just checking up on ya...
its been a while...
you no love me no more?
lol...
you wanna know something?..
I've been thinking about you...
and I recently realise I haven't been hollaing at me old time galfriend
plus me no see you around...
makes me wonder...
oh well...didn't read yet..
am gonna start from where I missed...
so I could see If you mentioned
why you didn't come and vote for me
for the blog ville idol
look for my comment in the previous post too

diary of a G said...

At first I thought you were talking about Life it self
until I read your comment to Chidi

ever though you are talking about
a relationship(shooting in the dark like Name P)
I still can relate to the whole procrastination thing
we all can

live your life according to your
standards cos believe me this world will let you down
again and again
truth yourself and find happiness
and beauty in you

your a diva the world is at your feet

BlogVille Idol said...

HEY NIGERIA.(and er.. everybody else)..KILONSELE!......Thank you for ur support on the Blogville idol contest..The Contestants have sang their 2nd song (Nigerian songs)...please go to our page to listen to them and vote! ..Pls pls help us make this contest a success by voting..dont 4 get to leave us a comment!Thank you...PINKPEKE PRODUCTION

Standing Truth Betold said...

Chika: i hear u. it gets to that one point.
Nameless: wow, why didnt i leave him? thats a tough qn to answer. i guess cuz its so hard. History is like crazy glue. it holds u so close together, even in times when u feel like u'e so far apart. TBS is the one the post is about
Dolly: wat part?
DOG: sorry mista. i voted for u yesterday lol. by the way, thanks. you wont believe how uplifting ur words were

Chika said...

just peeping on yah!