CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

China, why oh why oh why?

On Monday, China I went to a speed dating event. It was actually fun! The men there were either professionals (doctors, optometrists, business analysts, etc) or students. How it worked? 20 females sat at each table as 20 men took turns going from one table to another to have a 5minute conversation with the men. At the end of the night, the men and women write on a preassigned paper who they'd like to have another date with and if the females that they indicate had also wanted another date with them, the organizers will email the female with their email addresses.
It was great! I was embarrassed for one thing though; my table was after Chinas' so i got the men she had just dated (talked to). Most of them would get o my table and ask
"Oh, hi! are you an Aesthetician just like China too?".
I had to lie and say "No, but shes a friend of mine and shes great at her job!".
There were some candid moments when I'd overhear some guy ask her "Oh yeah? wow! what did you study at that institution?" . China was up to her lies again. I was so embarrassed. So ashamed. She shouldnt have to lie about these things.
The highlights of the night was when we all went out to eat afterwards... Caty, Lara, CHina's sister and Caty's sister... wWe had so much fun.
I droped China off the next morning at her house (dad's house). It was 5am on Tuesday and as we drove into her driveway, she looks up and says "oh! my sister is not home. her car is not here! dad'll be so mad that i went out, and shes not home neither!"
pls i need you to picture hearing this from a 26year old!

and as she comes out of the car, her dad comes out of the house. There he was, standing in the doorway, looking like the height-challenged idiot that he is, scolding to her in their language. I looked away, i was angry! I turned my head. I couldnt stand watching the nonsense.
i heard as she says
"its not a guy! Its Truth, dad" she responded in English
I looked up at him, looked at him, stared at him, and looked away in disgust.
I was angry!
There he stood, scolding this grown ass woman! i looked at her and almost vomited at the sight of her. She stood there, accepting the insults, like a 3 year old school girl that had commited adultery! i just couldnt believe it
But what made me more angry, she came around to the car to pick her stuff up. Hurrying, she packed her stuff up clumsily,
"i told him we party but we also work hard. I told him that you have a career, and that you are also a student and he said he didnt believe me that if youwork, then why are you partying on a a weekday..."
as she narrated, i remember the times he'd told her he didnt want her hanging with Blacks, the times he warned her about dating blacks and the times he threatened to disown her if she did! no wonder he assumed i was a man.
I had held off too long! i had to interrupt
"how the fuck would he know though! i mean! this man has no job! the only jonb he has is scamming, so how would he know what its like to go to work on a weekday??? he wouldnt have a clue what its like to be a student, and work because he himself, has never worked! so you know what, i dont even want to hear anymore!"
she was silent.
so was i.
we spoke hours later on the phone and i told her i didnt want to see her dad again because i really dont have respect for him. If i see him again, i'll be really upset and i just might be truthful to him. He really should never hear what i think of him.
"China, i wont be taking anymore of his insults in whatever language that he chooses to insult me! Dont forget, I AM SOMEONE'S DAUGHTER TOO! I'll stay away from your home because if i see him again, I'll definitely react"

I am so sick of China allowing him to take control of her life! I met China in highschool. When we met, I was 15, she was 17. We were in 10th grade. She had just transffered to my school. It was odd that we were in thesame grade, considering she should have been 2 grades higher.
I remember having a fight with her, and i had stopped talking to her. She only spent a year at the school, she quit school after we parted ways. She is yet to finish highschool. I am embarrassed and so angry that she has refused to take control of her life. Instead, she's chosen to keep complaining about how much she's ruined her own life.

Why oh why oh why?
In the name of self-love, pls get up!
You can only sleep for so long
wakin up at intervals to question your lenghty naps
"why oh why oh why?"
you remain asleep even as you wake.
you refuse to hear anymore of my complaints
But i just cant shake it baby!
I cant ignore the feeling!
it use to be me and you,
and our plans for the top never did happen
I hate to look down at you
I hate to see you lie to get through
"oh, i'm an aesthetician"
Baby, you shouldnt have to make this up
and daddy wont be there that long
and life wont wait for no one
but i'm sure you've heard this before
so i'll just shut up and blog some more...

No comments: