CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My luck is running out.

its been 3 years.
3 long, years but i tell ya, not even that is long enough!
but my luck has finally ran out. I bumped into Kimani's now-ex-friend at a club on Monday night.
i was so thrown back, i litterally staggered! My past had finally caught up with me.
When i was dating Kimani, Dent was dating Zebe. Dent and Kimani, consiquestl became friends. Dent had just came from back home, and was single. I remeber Zebe was so crazy about him. She was in love! She started dating him. And that was really odd, considering she was in a relationship with a (4 year younger) boy at that time, who she also lived with.
I tried to discourage her "if you'll be with Dent, then you cant live with Jose at the same time"
but that didnt work. Like any other advise i ever offered her, she agreed
"yes oh Truth, you are so right"
but nothing ever happened. She started a rocky relationship with Dent. They cheated on each other, had numerous fights and were still together when i left Kimani.
But supposedly, they broke up a few months after then...
Dent told me...
"i asked Zebe to go out to dinner with me, and she agreed but later cancelled. She called me to say she couldnt go cuz she had to babysit her firend's daughters. I got suspicious and called her but she didnt answer the phone, so i called Kimani. Kimani had no clue what was going on so when i asked if Zebe was with him, he said yes and passed the phone to her. So i told her i was coming over and she said not to. She sounded really nervous and desperate, and i was so angry! i had had enough of her cheating onme os i went over to their place anyway. You wont believe it, Truth! canu believe when i went over there, i knowcked and it took like 10 minutes before ZEBE could even ope the door? When i went in, i locked the door behind me! and Truth, i saw the guy! I saw Jose! I looked at him and couldnt believe the ThinG that was standing in front of me. I was so angry that this was what was ruining my relationship with Zebe. I confrnted Zebe and she was getting in my way so i puched her out of my way, then the idiot- Jose, came charging at me. Truth, the kin of beating i gave him, eh?! I gave him the beating of his life and he finally left. But that was the last time i was with Zebe. I was finished with her. I saw her a few months ago crossing the street. Nothing had changed. She still walked like a man and at her age, still looked unkempt. I spoke with her ans she was so embarrassed. And Truth, i was so proud to see that at least one of us had advanced. Atleast i had chosen to move on to "better" my life."

I couldnt believe this; he continued...
"Truth, i dont know why i ever got involved with that family (Kimani and Zebe). They were psychos. They were so rass and just as nuts. I had a connection with you. I had a crush on you. I knew back then that you and i should have been together. You were way too good for Kimani"
I couldnt resist. i said "oh, and i so agree!"
"its true! you were! and i wanted to be with you but you were with him and i was with her."
in my mind, i was rolling my eyes...
in my mind, i felt like i was slidding back into some familiar pit...
"can i have your number?"
i halted. i hesitated... "um..."
"its okay if you dont want to give it to me, i'll understand"
i was caught. i felt bad. "no thats not it. i just want to know... so do you still talk to Kimani or Zebe?" i held my breath.
"no. not at all"
i exhaled "okay then my number is 647-746-7403"
he called me immediately so i'd save his number. i did.
what are you doing now?
"oh, things are different for me now. I'm now in school and i bought a house"
"congratulations!"
"thanks"
then this wave of anger tickled my mind... i recognized it... aha!
Fatima!!!
oh my word! Fatima... she is Dent's sister but i wanted nothign to do with her. I told him...
"Dent, please, i beg you in the name of God! dont tell Fatima oyu saw me. I dont want anything to do with her."
"but you know what, shes sorry for the mistake she made and everyday she regrets it. She is engaged now and so grown. You two would even get along"
"Nope! Tufiakwa! no be me and her"
I had a bad history with fatima. I trusted her once. But not anymore...

Fatima is Dent's sister. When i met her, we became friends. Not enough to call each other but definitely enough to say hi, hug and stuff whenever we saw each other. And i
would visit Dent often with Kimani and Zebe and most of those times, Fatima would be over there at Dent's house.
We went out numerous times, partied a few times... and it was good. I was with Kimani, Zebe was with Dent and Fatima was with her boyfriend; Dayo.
Then soon i started hearing things. Zebe would tell me...
"Fatima is such a whore! everytime Kimani comes over to Dents' she starts getting all over him!"
"Why does she hike her shirt up and stuff whenever Kimani is around?"
"Fatima was flirting with Kimani again!"
but i didnt want to believe it...
Kimani was an idiot though. He as the type to make things up just to evoke jealousy... so whenever he'd tease me about him and Fatime, i'd ignore him. But i finally got tired of it when he started to tell me that Fatima is asking him to break up with me.
I decided to do something about it.
The next party was going to be at a nutual friend's house.
I was prepared and Zebe could sense it...
she begged "abeg dont confront her"
"hmm!"
when we got there, i waited till everyone was relaxed. We were all out on the patio. it was the perfect time... everyone was distracted.
I went over to Fatima and asked if i could speak with her. she said "sure"
i motioned her into the washroom,and locked the door behinfd me. Facing her with my back to the door (i wanted to make sure there wont be any escape route), i asked..
"Fatima, i have a few questions for you and its really important that you ak=nswer me as truthfully as you possibly can"
"okay" she looked nervous. She also looked like she thought she was doing a good job of hiding her anxiety.
i scontinued"Now, i must tell you, i've been hearing things but i'm notthe type to believe anything if i dont have a reason to. You are a new friend to me, so i have nothign against you. But i've been hearing this thig for a while from sources that i would have thought was reliable, so please tell me; have you been trying to get with Kimani?"
she twisted her brows. A knot formed in her face
"ME??? TRYING TO GET WITH KIMANI??? FOR WHATTT?"
i shifted. Have I just taken the wrong steps? but no! she isnt denying nor confierming it, she is only restating my questionand if i want a truthfula nswer, i must stand my ground!
i stood straight and held my hips.
"Yes! i know you heard me right and if you dont understand what "get with" means, then let me know!"
"what kind of nonsense is this? no, there is nothing i want with Kimani. He is just a friend."
"are you attracted to him in any way?"
"NO! i dont understand why everyone thinks i wan ttheir man! if this is what i'll be going through just for being a friend, then i dont need the friendship. i'll stop talking to him!"
"if everone suspects ypu for wantign their man then MAYBE theres something you need to reevaluate the way you act with people's men!"
"you know what? thats okay. I dont want trouble. I'll stop talking to him."
"I'm not saying you should but if thats what you want, then so be it. i just had to ask you."
A knock came at the door...it was Kimani
"Hey! what are you guys doing in there? But Truth! You said you wouldnt confront her nowwww!" He was scared. I was angry. Someone was lying out their ass here, and i can sniff the wiff!
I looked over at Fatima. The look on her face confirmed that there was more to the story. She was sweating like a diabetic and had fear tattooed on her face. I knew how to get to the bottom of this. I unloked the doow, opened it.
"Kimani, GET IN HERE!"
He came in, anxious
"okay, so who the fuck is lying here? Kimani, how the fuck could you lie to me? You made me confront this girl because of your mischeivious lies!!! its over! I cant stand being with a man who lies so much! bye!" I headed for the bathroom door...
He jerked towards Fatima... "Fatima, what did you tell her?" I stopped, looked back towards them and saw as Fatima got up, and hurried for the door. Kimani grabed her arm and jerked her back
"COME BACK HERE!!!" now everyone was outside the bathroom door, hearing us. So was Dent.
"What did you tell my baby?"
"Please let me go, please" she begged
but shy was she begging? i htought she was innocent. Wasnt she?
"NO! i wont let you go till you tell her everything!" he turned towards me "ask her now baby, please! please i swear i didnt lie to you!"
I felt sorry for Fatima... "Fatima, did you ask Kimani to break up with me so he could be with you?"
"yes i did" she cried
"so why did you lie to me?"
"i dont know!"
"have you been trying to get with Kimani?"
"yeah, yeas, yes, okay?!!!"
"what the fuck are you raising your voice for? Fucking bitch" Kimani barked.
Fatima got up, and left, darting for the door and running past the pairs of eyes that followed her as she exited. Dent's face was red. He was embarrassed.
I looked back to see Kimani on his knees, begign for forgiveness"
"Baby, i'm so sorry! i didnt mean to put you through this i'm so sorry"
"Kimani, i would have never experience this if you had not welcomed her. If you really didnt want her, you could have let her know, and stopped talking to her. Instead, you fostered her feelings for you, by being the cheap idiot that you are. You continued to talk to her, you acceptedher affctions."
"Baby please forgive me!"
"its over"


but it wasnt. I was with Kimani for 10 more months after then.

No comments: