CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Remembering... Jack Jean-Maygne

Jack...
ohhh jack...
Jack is a friend i met at school
i had just transffered to a new high school
and i had seen Jack around the school
but Jack didnt catch my eye
neither did anyone else really
I was battling my own troubles,
enough to make me blind to the men around me

But jack
ohhh jack...
Jack started talking to me at school.
When he noticed i lived up the street from him
i'd bump into him on my way from school
and he had such a sweet smile
and although he wasnt one of the popular boys
i saw his beauty
he was so fine
i saw Jack.

But Jack didnt see me.
or did he?

Jack had a childhood friend named Henry. They were like twins. I had a thing for him too. Didnt dare tell anyone. didnt wanna ruin the friendship between us.

But i should have. Because a mutual friend later told me years after graduation that his twin had the bggest crush on me, but he couldnt tell me ... aint dat sad? i saw him a year ago at the local movie theatre. he didnt look thesame. he also didnt care thesame. said "hi" to me like i wasnt nothing. so i replied "how are you?" to him like he was almost forgotten. thats the end of the story of me, and Henry.

At this time when i knew Jack and Henry, they were friends with my female friends in school. I was dating a much older photographer, and he had taken some nude professional (reaaally nice) pics of me. I being the daring silly shameless girl that i can sometimes be, decided to bring the pics to school, and show them to these friends. They werent my friends for real. They passed the pics onto Jack and Henry. I was upset and disappointed. I ran after Jack and Henry, embarrassed and desperate to recover the pics before they too disappoint me, by showing the pics to other people. They didnt.

They called me aside, asked me to catch ma breath (it was strenuous running after the two guys), and simply asked questions about who took them, when and similar Qns. They complimented me (boys will be boys), and asked if they could have copies (again, boys will be boys). i refused blatantly. They gave up, returned my pics and that was it.

But our friendship continued.
I and Jean got closer. He'd confront me about his girls (which was hard since i wanted him), which were usually light skinned (usually not black), long hair, skinny, pretty, chicks... i knew i wasnt his type. I'd always give him honest advises and my advises always worked. He even went as far as recommending Henry to speak with me when he had "girl issues". It was cool.

I liked them both.

Jack for his skin tone, his pretty face, and his height.
Henry had the charisma. Oh ma gawd! he was so sweet.
Henry had the ability to make me laugh till my ribs ached.
He never said it, but i knew Jack envied Henry for this because
Although Henry was obese, he had girls wanting him
because he had that "thing"... he was charismic
Together, they were perfect.
And I was in love.

No comments: